September 2, 2019
AmEnglish.com® has just released Vocabulary Builder - Volume 5 in HTML5
This series lets students explore the natural world while building their vocabulary. For example, in this release learn about the central cone in the peregrine falcon's nose which keeps this bird from blacking out as it accelerates to over 200 mph (320 kilometers per hour) in its dive for prey.
Vocabulary Builder is designed for reading grade levels 6-9. Each volume:
- Combines poetry and non-fiction (natural science facts)
- Features nine different animals
- Explores the relationship between each animal & its environment
- Feature targeted vocabulary in context
- Appeal to visual & auditory learners with photographs, text & audio
- Feature word highlighting for targeted vocabulary in context (over 250 words in each volume)
- Give instant feedback on the scored vocabulary practice with contextual examples
- Time in the programs
- Natural science fact quizzes
- Vocabulary quizzes
- Final review
- A classroom license with LMS tracking
- A school license with LMS tracking
- A computer lab license
"This is perfect for test prep." Middle School teacher
"Vocabulary in context, just what we need." Middle School teacher
"In addition to learning new vocabulary, it is fun to learn about different animals. The poetry helps me to remember new words easily." Student
Individuals can purchase directly from the website.
Contact us for pricing & special options for Schools & Colleges:
David Hans, Co-Founder
Phone: (925) 485-3080
Established in 1999, AmEnglish.com® provides web-based programs to improve reading, vocabulary and communication skills. Our newest series, Read Aloud eBooks with adaptive assessment, received the Smart Book Award and the 2019 Parents' Picks Award. Our middle school series, Vocabulary Builder, focuses on vocabulary and combines poetry and natural science facts. Both series satisfy multiple Common Core, Texas, and Florida Standards.
Our Pronunciation in English, Writing in English, and Idioms in English programs are designed for nonnative speakers of English. They have been reviewed and approved by ETS®, maker of the TOEFL®, GRE® and HiSET®, tests. Corporate clients include companies like Kaiser Permanente Medical Group and IBM. Education customers include schools like Harper College, De Anza College, and the Los Angeles Unified School District.