January 26 2019
AmEnglish.com® has just released a new HTML5 version for all 7 volumes of Idioms in English
The idioms programs will improve listening comprehension, pronunciation, and vocabulary in English for:
- Lectures, emails, and discussions at school or work
- Tests like the TOEFL®, TOEIC®, & IELTS
- Stories using the idioms in context
- Audio featuring four different native speakers
- Definitions, examples, and pronunciation notes for each idiom
- Scored quizzes with pictures for listening comprehension
- Scored quizzes for idiom meanings
- Scored dictation practices
- Scored, rotating final for all 100 idioms with 4 different question types
- A computer lab license
- A classroom license with LMS tracking
- A school license with LMS tracking
- Idioms in English - Phrasal Verbs
- Idioms in English for Young Adults - 3 volumes
Comments from teachers/users:
"The analysis and explanation of each idiom in Idioms in English is superb." Instructor, College of Alameda
"I notice the idioms used by other people and applying them feels more natural now. I'm really dialed in to the language."
Individuals can purchase directly from the website.
Contact us for pricing and special options for Schools & Colleges.
Established in 1999, AmEnglish.com® provides web-based programs to improve reading, vocabulary and communication skills. Our newest series, Read Aloud eBooks with adaptive assessment, received the Academics' Choice Smart Book Award. Our middle school series, Vocabulary Builder: Animal Tales, focuses on vocabulary and combines poetry and natural science facts. Both series satisfy multiple Common Core Standards.
Our Pronunciation in English, Writing in English, and Idioms in English programs are designed for nonnative speakers of English. They have been reviewed and approved by ETS®, maker of the TOEFL® and GRE® tests. Corporate clients include companies like Kaiser Permanente Medical Group and IBM. Education customers include schools like Iowa State University, De Anza College, and the Los Angeles Unified School District.